Monday, June 6, 2011

Prairie People, trully generous

Hey People, I am In Winnipeg where I enjoy one day of rest.
I wanted to comment on how generous people are around here. Since I left Alberta, lots of interesting story happened. A few examples...
Regina, my friend lend me a tee shirt while my clothe are being washed. I liked it and mentioned it to her.  Then she called her friend Ryan who gave her the tee shirt, and told me to stop somewhere on my way out of Regina. And so I did. SeedMasted is a company that manufacture equipment for the farming industry.  I stopped there during their lunch break, and they were eager to talk to me and question me about my trip. In the end, they gave me a tee shirt and even made me pick my color. I chose green, color of Saskatchewan and very "John Deere". A good souvenir
Oak Lake, just past Virden, a small town of 300. I stop there early in the morning on saturday, hoping to find some loos and some coffee. The only place open is a modest shop called "the perogee pantry", and I enter to try my luck. It looked like a big industrial kitchen with a few table on the side.  I asked the chef and he happily turn on the coffee machine. He makes perogees and cabbage roll, and sells them to local markets and shops. "can I try your cabbage rolls?" I venture. a few minute later, he serves me a coffee, 3 cabbage rolls and a cinnamon roll. SSSSoooo good. It was all I needed to get me going in the morning! His employee ask me $2.50, and I go "it seems awfully cheap!" and the chef in the kitchen goes "NO, it's free for him!" and the he walks to the fridge, grabs a tray with 6 muffins and give it to me "It'll give you something to chew on today". I so enjoyed my stop there, it totally made my day. Thank you!

more story later, time for a nap under the hot Manitoba sun
I uploaded new pictures here
David

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very similar to the prairies where I'm from. Enjoy Friendly Manitoba.

    ReplyDelete