Sunday, August 7, 2011

Is it the end of the adventure?

Hello fellow readers, I am in Saint John's, Newfoundland. I finaly made it to my objective, after 8000km on my bicycle. It feels like I went through a spacotemporal hole. I ended up in Saint John's in January, and the winter is pretty mild here, 11 degres, but very very rainy and foggy. I love it nonetheless, and made it to cape spear, the most easterly point in America. Can't go any further on my bike!

I am not sure of what's next, I'll decide in Halifax, my next destination.

Here some interesting numbers : I spent 61 days riding, at an average of 21.6km/h, 6.15 hour per day, and 132.7 km per day. the total distance is 8097.3km. I took 21 days to rest.

Although I was going fast, and it might think to you that it would be really hard, I encourage you to try bicycle touring, take it at your pace, and you'll realize that it is the best way to travel, meet the locals and trully the best way of discovering a country. I hope that I inspired some of you to ride your bicycle and use your car less.

See you all, thanks for reading me.
DAvid

1 comment:

  1. Dude, congrats on your trip! Look like it was a hell of a journey! Glad you made it in one piece. So should I expect you euro-side sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete